Events & Activities
The Chamber coordinates a variety of membership activities to promote interaction among the business members. Membership Breakfasts and Business After Hours provide monthly opportunities for networking and interaction, while other activities are scheduled at different times during the year. All members are notified via the e-newsletter of upcoming events, activities, and programs that may be of interest to your business.
- The Chamber of Commerce supports small, local businesses. We are joining forces with American Express, the US Chamber of Commerce, Shop Local Tri-Cities and the Washington County Economic Development Council to promote and support local business. Click here to see a list of businesses offering discounts for the month of November 30th through December 24th. SHOP LOCAL!!
- Membership Breakfasts - Held the 2nd Wednesday of each month February through November with an average attendance of 200-225. This structured meeting offers networking time and provides an opportunity to learn more about the host business. Each breakfast is sponsored by a Chamber member or group of members, who can update the membership on their products and services. Contact Barbara, email@example.com, to inquire about available Membership Breakfast Sponsorship Opportunities.
- Business After Hours - Chamber members host other members at their place of business for a fun, informal, non-structured social networking time after hours, with an average attendance of 60-80 people. At times, multiple businesses co-sponsor this event. Notification of upcoming BAH events is sent to all Chamber members via the weekly e-newsletter. Contact Heather, firstname.lastname@example.org, to inquire about hosting a BAH for the Chamber membership.
- Business Seminars - Many of our members host business seminars during the year on various topics of interest. Once scheduled, notification of seminars is sent to the membership via the weekly e-newsletter.
- Chamber Networking Expo - This business-to-business event encourages members to network, sell, interact, and learn from each other. The 2014 event will take place on Thursday, April 24th, 1-4pm, at the Holiday Inn. Seminars, a blood drive, and other fun activities are planned. Email Barbara, email@example.com to request an application.
- Annual Membership Meeting - Attendees enjoy the official exchange of the gavel between Board chairs at this luncheon event, in addition to the Hall of Fame announcement. The 2014 Annual Meeting will take place on Friday, January 17th at The Millennium Centre. Email Barbara, firstname.lastname@example.org, to request information.
- Golf Tournament - Golfers enjoy a networking luncheon, hours of play, contest prizes, and post-game awards ceremony during this annual event. The 2014 Golf Tournament will take place on June 9th at the Johnson City Country Club. Email Barbara, email@example.com, to request golf tournament information
- Taste of Johnson City - Ticket holders enjoy an evening of fine food and beverage as area restaurateurs and distributors showcase their finest delicacies. The 2014 Taste of Johnson City will take place in September at the Johnson City Country Club. Email Barbara, Mentgen@johnsoncitytnchamber.com to request information.