Move to Johnson City!
There are so many details to consider when moving to a new city. You’ll want to notify utility, professional and government services of your move in a timely manner. Making a moving checklist with weekly tasks will better prepare you and help simplify the move. A number of Chamber member moving service companies are available to assist you with your move to Johnson City.
Here’s a Moving Checklist that will help you stay on track leading up to your move.
6 weeks before moving
- Select a moving company and schedule a move date and time.
- Start researching schools, childcare services, churches, etc. in Johnson City.
- Ask your doctor and dentist for a referral in Johnson City.
5 weeks before moving
- Select a real estate agent.
- Start packing items that you do not use frequently and label the boxes.
- File a change of address with the post office or ask them to hold your mail at the Johnson City post office.
4 weeks before moving
- Decide which items in your home should be discarded, donated or sold.
- Arrange transfer of school records and veterinarian records.
- Make travel arrangements for pets.
- Notify utility services (electric, water, gas, telephone, cell phone, TV/Internet, etc.) of your move to Johnson City.
3 weeks before moving
- Notify professional services (doctor, dentist, school, insurance agent, etc.) of your move to Johnson City.
- Notify government offices (state vehicle registration, Social Security Administration, City/County Tax Assessor, etc.) of your move to Johnson City.
2 weeks before moving
- Confirm travel arrangements.
- Notify financial institutions, health clubs, newspapers, groups or organizations to cancel or transfer membership.
1 week before moving
- Empty and defrost refrigerator.
- Start packing suitcases and boxes.
- Check all rooms and closets to make sure everything is packed.
- Drain gas and oil from lawn equipment, gas grills, etc.