Relocate to Johnson City!
- Johnson City named the 2021 Best City for Young Families in Tennessee, based on real estate market hotness and inventory, diversity in local school districts, access to parks and outdoor recreational facilities, and residential and road safety. (Insurify)
- Johnson City named one of the Top 10 Metro Areas where the cost of living has dropped the most during the pandemic – we are #2. Overall cost of living dropped by 3.3%, grocery costs down 12.6%, and housing costs down 3.1%. (Apartment.com)
- Johnson City named one of the 10 Most Diversified Metro Economies in the United States (Livability.com)
- Johnson City named one of the Top 100 Places to Live, outpacing more than 2,100 cities with a population between 20,000-350,000 (Livability.com).
- Johnson City named a Top Adventure Town (Blue Ridge Outdoor Magazine).
- Johnson City named one of 5 Most Affordable Cities in Tennessee (Livibility.com).
- Johnson City named one of the Top Five (#4) Retirement Destinations in the country (Kiplinger).
- Johnson City ranked in the Top 5 for Happiest Blue Ridge Mountain Towns with a population of 50,000 or more (Blue Ridge Country Magazine).
Click HERE to visit the EXPLORE Relocation Guide.
Click HERE to view our digital City Map.
Click HERE to visit the “Live or Retire to Johnson City” webpage with additional information
View our 4-page Community Profile, an overview of our community with order form to request mailed information. community profile 2021
Additional resource links are available below.